IIMU Recruitment | Research Assistant | 2021
Hello, Learners! IIMU is the environment where students, faculty and staff can achieve their maximum potential. All categories of IIMU stakeholders were involved in the process of articulating the Institute’s statement of its Mission, Core Values and Culture. Dropped an opportunity for candidates like you for the post of Research Assistant – Under Partnership with Deshpande Foundation.
Read the details below for encountered structure. Good Luck!
About the Position:
Profs. Ashish S. Galande and Prakash Satyavageeswaran are collaborating with the Deshpande Foundation (an organization supporting innovation for scalable impact) on research with microentrepreneurs. The partnership is looking for an RA to assist in joint research under the partnership. You will have the same access and support to IIMU facilities as other RAs recruited by IIMU. You will be based out of the Deshpande Foundation offices in Hubballi.
- Data collection, data preparation, and data analysis – work will involve data collection and working on secondary data but can extend to experiments as well. The faculty will help you train on methods necessary to do your job.
- Conducting in-depth interviews and FGDs. Again, the faculty will help you train on methods necessary to do your job.
- Literature search, summary, presentation and writing
- Writing cases, reports, documentation, blogs
- Writing research proposal and conducting research
- Other research related work
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidate, who is comfortable doing both quantitative and qualitative research.
- While providing training and handholding, you will need to have a basic interest and aptitude for both quantitative and qualitative work.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative disciplines (such as Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics) or in qualitative disciplines (such as Sociology, Anthropology) from any of the top-tier colleges in the country is preferred.
- Highly motivated candidates with an undergraduate degree from other disciplines can also apply if they are comfortable working with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and have a keen interest in research.
- An open mind to learning new concepts, creativity and hard work
- Excellent English writing skills
- Ability to communicate in Kannada (written and spoken)
- The candidate must have high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and absolute commitment to task completion.
- Data handling skills (e.g. SQL querying)
- MBA from a top institute is a plus
- Understanding of social enterprises and small and medium scale industries will be a plus
- Good understanding of Economics/ Sociology/ Statistics is a plus.
- Statistical programming skills/ coding skills in Stata, R, SPSS, SAS, Python, MySQL, C++, Qualtrics (any/ many)
- Qualitative coding skills in Atlas.ti, NVIVO or QDAMiner
- Hubballi and local Karnataka field (80%), Udaipur (20%)
- The position is contractual for 11 months and can be renewed for a further period of 11 months, enabling the candidate to build up their profile for PhD applications. Candidates are expected to move on into a PhD at the end of two years.
How to Apply:
Can be applied online. The position will remain open and will accept applications till a suitable candidate is found. Follow the steps below carefully, to apply:
- Please upload latest CV.
- Please also upload a statement of purpose not exceeding 1 page in length (single-spaced) on your motivation for taking up the RA position. Please cover the following points in your statement of purpose-
- Why are you motivated to take up the RA role?
- What are your career plans?
- How does the RA role fit into your career plans?
- Why you think you will be a good RA in this particular partnership role?
- IIMU will contact you within 10 days of your submission of application in case we decide to shortlist you. In case you do not hear from us within 10 days of your submission of application, you have not been shortlisted for this position.
Interested candidates may check the official notification: Here
Check Out their Official Website from: Here