Urban Land and Property Markets | CSEP is Hiring Interns | 2021
Hello, Learners! The Centre for Social & Economic Progress (CSEP) is hiring interns for a duration of 8 to 16 weeks with the Growth, Finance and Development vertical for a project on Urban Land and Property Markets. It’s a great opportunity as a part of internship where you will work as an integral part of the organization along with collaboration.
The Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP) conducts in-depth, policy relevant research and provides evidence-based recommendations to the challenges facing India and the world. It draws on the expertise of its researchers, extensive interactions with policy makers as well as convening power to enhance the impact of research.
About the project – Urban Land and Property Markets:
The paper tries to answer key questions regarding the inefficiencies in urban land and property markets in India. We examine the price trends of property in urban centers and the supply and demand factors that drive the same; the recent shifts in property markets and what has been influencing the price trends of late. We explore more static factors as well, such as urban planning for different cities and its impact on property prices. These aspects have a fundamental bearing on what policy landscape needs to evolve to correct India’s land and real estate markets in the future.
Role and Responsibilities:
As an intern, you will:
- Be an integral part of a collaborative team, and make substantive contributions to the project.
- Assist the Principal Investigators in proactively identifying topics for inquiry within a research project.
- Support policy development by researching various policy areas and identifying potential policy proposals.
- Help organize and facilitate events to provide authors early feedback on their discussion papers and reach out to various stake-holders.
- Independently analyse data in Excel, STATA, Python and/or R and present findings accurately and accessibly in graphs and writing.
- Take a lead role in drafting summaries of economic discussion papers for release as policy briefs.
- Help write and edit other products including economic analyses and blog posts.
- Currently pursuing or should have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher in Economics, Mathematics/Statistics, Public Policy, or other Social Sciences with a minor in Economics required.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for public policy in India.
- The candidate must be comfortable with research and quantitative data analysis including econometrics.
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter, a writing sample (wherein you are the sole author) and resume. Please submit your resume at [email protected] and add your cover letter as an attachment when you apply.