Asian Development Bank (ADB) | Internship | 2021
Hello, The Asian Development Bank (ADB) envisions a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty in the region. It assists its members, and partners, by providing loans, technical assistance, grants, and equity investments to promote social and economic development.
ADB advertises internship assignments twice a year and welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
Check the details below.
Also read: CSEP Internship 2021 | TCS Ninja Recruitment Drive
About the Internship:
The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
Role & Responsibilities:
- work in a major international development organization;
- gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does; and
- work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries;
- contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs.
- be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment;
- be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work;
- be a national of one of ADB’s members;
- possess an excellent command of English; and
- have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
Application period for the 2021 Internship Program:
- 1st batch: 15 July to 15 September 2021
- On board: January 2022 onwards
- 2nd batch: 1 December 2021 to 31 January 2022
- On board: June 2022 onwards
- ADB announces the assignments on the website and candidates choose assignments of interest.
- Candidates apply through ACES, prepare for their CVs and answer the essay questions.
- All documents (CV and essay) are uploaded to ACES to complete application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
- ADB evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience; and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may check the official notification from: Here
Reach out to their website: Here