General Electric Hiring Commissioning Specialist Bachelor’s degree | 2023
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity in the field of engineering? Well, look no further than General Electric Hiring Commissioning Specialist Bachelor’s degree
We are currently on the lookout for a Commissioning Specialist to join our team. As a Commissioning Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing the testing and inspection of various types of equipment and systems, ensuring that they meet all required standards and specifications.
About the General Electric
The General Electric Company (GE) is an American multinational conglomerate founded in 1892, incorporated in the state of New York, and headquartered in Boston.
The company is active in aerospace, energy, renewable energy, digital, and additive manufacturing, as well as venture capital and finance.[[Self-published source]
In 2020, GE ranked the Fortune 500 as the 33rd largest company in the United States by gross sales. In 2011, GE was ranked the 14th most profitable company in the Fortune 20 but then performed very poorly on the market (around 75%) as its profitability plummeted. Two GE employees – Irving Langmuir (1932) and Ivar Giaever (1973) – were Nobel Prize winners
Eligibility Criteria In General Electric Hiring Commissioning Specialist Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma from an accredited college/university in the field of electrical engineering or related engineering knowledge.
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of metal processes/marine/oil & gas/test bench/material handling/power generation is required
- Knowledge of power electronics, high voltage systems, and PLCs
Role and Responsibility In General Electric Hiring Commissioning Specialist Bachelor’s degree
- Commissioning of extensive systems consisting of power controllers, frequency converters, load switching drives, excitation systems, electrical and load engines, or production systems such as large converters for pumped storage power plants, gas turbine power plants, and many others.
- Commissioning of medium voltage and low voltage frequency converters with medium voltage switchgear in business areas such as power generation, metals, marine, oil and gas, material handling, etc.,
- Show individuality with less supervision in commissioning and servicing activities on electrical equipment. Must communicate clearly and follow directions from the site supervisor or site manager and perform tasks of the maximum quality. Interact with customers, users, and other GE field professionals to assist them in operating, inspecting, maintaining, and repairing assigned product lines.
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment, as well as routine maintenance, repair, and calibration after installation
- Perform unscheduled/corrective maintenance and complete all required technical and business documentation in a timely and accurate manner. Follow integrity and compliance policies. Keep a log of daily activities in digital form.
- Provide technical support to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair, and maintenance at customer sites
- Respond to emergency repairs and service requests for problematic devices
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance checks on a variety of vintage equipment
- Maintain a strong safety mindset to ensure work performed reflects the engineering requirements of GE’s safety standards. Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the organization’s EHS and related policies/procedures
- Ensure customer satisfaction with support solutions based on service, health, performance, and quality metrics.
- Working at this level requires good interpersonal skills. Developed strong customer relationships for a customer-facing role and served as a liaison between customers and GE. Explain other technical information.
- Help customers improve reliability and reduce operational costs
- Provide a single point of contact for customers, account teams, and all other GE stakeholders
- Assist manufacturers with timely data collection and reporting to facilitate analysis of fleet performance, including marketing intelligence and sales opportunities for service and support
- Assist customers in ordering parts and solving problems
Preferred Skill In General Electric Hiring Commissioning Specialist Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in power converters, generators, switchboards, AVRs, excitation systems, and MV/LV drives
- strong speaking and writing communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently. Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter and change agent with and ability to work in a stressful environment
- Cross-functionality, ability to work in a matrix environment, and international team experience
- Communicate effectively at all organizational levels, departments, and functions
- Proven technical skills and commercial acumen.
- International experience
Also, Read: AMD Student Co-Op/ Intern | Fresher | 2023
How To Apply?
Interested Candidate can apply for this Job
Official Website Link Click Here