UNDP | Internship – Green Recovery project | 2021
Hello Learners! United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is committed to support the efforts of the Government of India towards working with partners and key stakeholders to advocate for an environmentally sensitive response to COVID-19 that resets towards greener pathways for recovery. Is now looking for Interns to hire for the project of Green Recovery.
Check out the further details below!
Also Read: EY Global – Associate Analyst | TISS Recruitment for Teaching Assistant (PGD – PCCA)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP in India is committed to support the efforts of the Government of India towards working with partners and key stakeholders to advocate for an environmentally sensitive response to COVID-19 that resets towards greener pathways for recovery. Our focus is to not only move towards a more sustainable, inclusive and resilient recovery, but also help to strengthen recovery by focusing on emerging and innovative green job opportunities. Read more
About the Internship:
An acute pressure on the Government to accelerate economic recovery, creating a risk that economic imperatives may dilute environmental sustainability considerations.
UNDP has globally rolled out the COVID response strategy across nations and the next phase is designed to help decision-makers look beyond recovery, towards 2030, making choices and managing complexity and uncertainty in four main areas: governance, social protection, green economy, and digital disruption. It encompasses our role in technically leading the UN’s socio-economic response. In this regard, UNDP India is initiating a Project titled “Green Recovery Pathway for India – transitioning towards a green and resilient COVID-19 recovery”. This programme aims to address the critical need to advocate for an inclusive and environmentally sensitive response to COVID-19 that resets towards sustainable and inclusive pathways to recovery to build back better. Read more
Role and Responsibilities:
- The intern shall assist the Project Coordinator- Green recovery, in implementing the activities related to the project and provide support in effective implementation
- In close coordination with Project Coordinator the intern will collate monthly and quarterly reports and quality check of all reports submitted (against deliverables) and monthly data capturing
- Provide necessary technical assistance and research inputs for the preparation of research papers, knowledge products and related contexts
- Document and prepare briefs on the progress of project activities, minutes of meetings and outcome papers
- Provide support for organizing consultations (online/offline) with relevant stakeholders and prepare background material and assist in capacity building exercises
- Develop knowledge products, facilitate knowledge exchange, and establish knowledge networks on issues related to livelihoods, green transport, one-health, social protection, energy, and environment.
- Assist in RFF communication by developing social media content, blogs, case-studies, relevant communication tools for amplifying project activities.
- Any other related task assigned from time to time by the Project Coordinator.
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical and research skills;
- Is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
Required Skills and Experience:
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
Candidate having degree/pursuing in Environmental Science/ Social Sciences/ Agriculture/Public Policy/Development Studies/Economics preferred.
- Experience in data collection and analysis in the field of social or economic development fields;
- Strong commitment to promoting gender equality, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good command in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as handling web-based applications.
- Fluency in English and working language of the duty station.
Important Dates / Bullets:
|Starting Date (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)||01-Sep-2021|
|Application Deadline||23-Aug-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Duration of Initial Contract||Three months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment||Three months|
- New Delhi/Home based, INDIA
How to Apply:
Check out the official notification from: Here
Check out the career page of UNDP from: Here