SAI Sustainable Agro is an agricultural venture that has been working since 2013 in Odisha to implement a climate friendly agroforestry model on tribal small and marginal farmer lands. We work in Koraput, Rayagada and Malkangiri Districts, where we have implemented a model of clonal eucalyptus plantation with finger millet on partner farmer lands.
Organization is looking for two interns who have an interest in social impact, and sustainable agriculture. The roles are based in Tikiri, Rayagada, Odisha and will involve a lot of fieldwork.
Check out the details below!
About the Internship:
Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Assist SAI Field Team in 2021 plantation activities, data collection, and identification of new field areas for 2022 plantation.
- Assist the Field Team in conducting an assessment on the status of the plantations in SAI’s operational areas. This task will also involve verification of input and labour payments received by SAI farmers.
- Conduct SAI’s Social Impact Survey 2021 with SAI and non-SAI farmers.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Someone with an interest in the agriculture and social impact sector.
- Someone who enjoys field work even when there is challenging terrain involved (the region is hilly).
- Past field experience in rural areas.
- Preferable: Candidates with a background in Agriculture, Social Work, Environmental Science or Rural Development. However, we are happy to consider candidates outside of these domains, and age is no bar as long as the candidate is passionate about working with farmers and has patience as one of their strong suits.
- Required: Fluency in Odia and the ability to drive a scooty /motorcycle.
- 3 months long.
- Opportunity to work in Full Time (performance based)
- 8,500/- pm
- 5,000/- Stipend
- 2,500/- Housing Allowance
- 1,000/- Petrol Expenses
- As Soon As Possible.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send in your CV along with a short brief about your field experience (if you have any) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the official notification from: Here