Internship – Conservation & Sustainable Livelihoods At UNDP | 2023
UNDP is a globally recognized organization that focuses on sustainable development, and its Conservation and Sustainable Livelihoods program is no exception. The program aims to promote the conservation of natural resources while simultaneously supporting the livelihoods of local communities. Internship – Conservation & Sustainable Livelihoods At UNDP
As an intern with UNDP, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts in the field of conservation and sustainable livelihoods.
About The UNDP
UNDP was formed on 22 November 1965 through the merger of the Extended Technical Assistance Program (EPTA) and the Special Fund in 1958. The basic idea was to avoid “duplication of effort in” their activities. EPTA was established in 1949 to support the economic and political aspects of underdeveloped countries, while the Special Fund was intended to expand the scope of UN technical assistance. The Special Fund grew from the idea of the United Nations Special Economic Development Fund (SUNFED) (originally called the United Nations Economic Development Fund (UNFED)).
Eligibility Criteria In Internship – Conservation & Sustainable Livelihoods At UNDP
- Be enrolled in a graduate/graduate program in environmental science, sociology, political science, or a related field;
- enrolled in the final year of a relevant first university course (eg bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
You have recently completed your university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must commence an internship within one year of graduation.
Role and Responsibility In Internship – Conservation & Sustainable Livelihoods At UNDP
- Support the team in organizing meetings, training courses, and seminars. Support the project team in conducting research and documentation, and developing concept notes and communication materials for project implementation. Ensuring documentation of the agenda and minutes of key workshops and consultations.
- Assist countries in planning, coordinating, implementing, and monitoring projects to ensure outcomes are consistent with project documents and results frameworks.
- Interact with business departments and provide convergence support.
- Ensure regular communication and coordination with national, state, and landscape project management departments regarding landscape activities.
- Support in identifying and documenting best practices in subject areas relevant to the project.
- The draft TOR, Memorandum of Understanding, facilitates and monitors the progress of landscape activities, records potential risks, and proposes mitigation actions.
- Assist the Government Project Officer in the final evaluation of the project. Other project-related duties and responsibilities assigned by the project owner.
- Develop and ensure timely submission of quarterly progress reports, annual progress reports, and other reports required by SPO based on landscape and condition information.
- Other related tasks that may be requested or assigned by SPMU
Skills In Internship – Conservation & Sustainable Livelihoods At UNDP
- Good understanding of current environmental, conservation, and livelihood issues in High Himalayan ecosystems.
- Ability to produce comprehensive reports and other communication materials to provide progress updates to governments, donors, and implementation partners.
- Experience in researching and documenting environmental and nature conservation issues.
- Extensive experience in partnership with private and/or public sector on environmental issues.
- Good team player and ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
Fluent business knowledge of English and Nepali, and knowledge of Hindi are desirable.
- The application must contain:
- Completed “Application Form” in the link, which requires the name of 3 references.
Current and complete curriculum vitae in English.
Competence In Internship – Conservation & Sustainable Livelihoods At UNDP
- Strong sense of teamwork, good communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent design skills;
- Work with colleagues to achieve company goals; solicit input with genuine respect for other people’s ideas and experiences.
- Willing to learn from others; placing the team agenda above personal agendas
India :Gangtok, Sikkim
Initial contract duration
Estimated duration of work
How To Apply ?
Interested Candidate can apply for this Internship
Official Website Link Click Here