World Bank Group (IFC) Recruitment Legal Officer | Limited Time
Hello Friends If you are a law student and want to work in a big company then World Bank Group Company is hiring, Legal Officer how can you apply for this job?
About the World Bank Group
The World Bank Group (WBG) is a family of five international organizations that make leveraged loans to developing countries. It is the largest and best-known development bank in the world and an observer at the United Nations Development Group. The bank is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States. It provided around $98.83 billion in loans and assistance to “developing” and transition countries in the 2021 fiscal year. The bank’s stated mission is to achieve the twin goals of ending extreme poverty and building shared prosperity. Total lending as of 2015 for the last 10 years through Development Policy Financing was approximately $117 billion. Its five organizations are the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
- Law degree from a recognized university and admitted to practice law in at least one key jurisdiction in Asia
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working at an international law firm/institution or 4 years working at a local law firm in corporate/transactional matters preferably in financing work.
Roles and Responsibility
- Support for IFC’s in-house advice on new investments and portfolio investments and advisory services in Asia, particularly on upstream and portfolio projects. The candidate must also be able to provide support on more complex transactions with a Senior General Counsel acting as the “Second Chair”.
- Operate independently and conduct independent assessments of direct financial and advisory transactions in the financial and real estate sector and subsequent paper investments with existing clients in Asia. This includes advising internal clients on the business development phase, the timeline phase, and the preparation and negotiation of transactions.
- Undertake portfolio work (independently for routine matters and under supervision for complex matters), including reviewing amendment and waiver documents and working on post-closing and payment.
- Update policies and precedents and undertake IFC legal and policy research.
- Effectively communicate company policies and objectives to internal and external customers.
- Processing communications and formulating instructions to local advisors and external parties as well as a follow-up towards finalizing IFC’s position, including document preparation.
- Instruct and supervise the work of junior legal staff.
- Ability to advise business teams on standard legal matters
- Ability to understand complex legal issues in debt and equity transactions and to articulate arguments and justifications for them
- Proficient in using various sources of legal research ie. Information databases, Internet services, library resources
- Proven legal analytical skills demonstrated through research and analysis of various legal issues and ability to present findings/recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to multitask and work on several projects/tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate commitment to core values such as excellence, mutual respect, collegiality, teamwork, diversity and inclusion, integrity, innovation, transparency, and accountability.
- English language skills
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills.
India: Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangkok, Thailand
How to Apply?
Interested Candidates Can apply for this job
Official Website Link Clicking Here