Takeda Recruitment Communications and CSR Lead | Student Must Know | 2023
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding job that allows you to make a positive impact on society? If yes, then you might want to consider the job of Communications and CSR Lead at Takeda, a global pharmaceutical company that is committed to improving the health and well-being of people worldwide.
About the Takeda
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global pharmaceutical company based in Japan. It was founded in 1781 and has since grown to become one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Takeda is focused on the research, development, and marketing of innovative drugs and treatments for various diseases and medical conditions.
Takeda operates in over 80 countries and employs over 50,000 people worldwide. The company’s main therapeutic areas include gastroenterology, oncology, neuroscience, and rare diseases. Some of the notable drugs developed by Takeda include Entyvio (for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis), Ninlaro (for multiple myeloma), and Adynovate (for hemophilia A).
Takeda has a strong commitment to corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability. The company’s CSR initiatives include supporting access to healthcare, promoting diversity and inclusion, and reducing its environmental impact. Takeda is also a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, which is a voluntary initiative to promote sustainable and socially responsible business practices.
- University degree in mass communication, public relations (PR), journalism, or public policy
- Over 10 years of progressive PR/communications experience in a multinational healthcare matrix environment, ideally in the pharmaceutical industry
- In-depth understanding of the country’s political landscape and macro and micro healthcare environment.
- Experience planning and implementing strategic communication strategies and policies aligned with advocacy initiatives.
- Experience in managing media relations, public relations, and government relations.
- Strong experience in creating communication plans (strategic and long-term plans) and experience in writing content that is relevant and in line with Takeda’s business needs and tone
- Understanding the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and measuring CSR strategies and programs that are aligned with the MDGs/SDGs.
- Relationship management experience with a commitment to making an outstanding contribution to internal and external partners
- This position serves as lead communications lead for the creation and implementation of a statewide communications strategy, materials including business leadership and commercial/product communications, strategic internal communications, external media engagement, and interaction with government officials and patient groups to shape policy more effectively. wide range of stakeholders. He is also responsible for building, developing and maintaining strategic relationships between business needs and domestic operations. This position also functions to manage and implement the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategies and initiatives in order to maintain the company’s excellent reputation. It establishes, develops and maintains strategic linkages between the needs of the company and communications activities within the country.
Role and Responsibility
- Create, implement, and execute strategic communications strategies aligned with Takeda’s priorities, associated messaging platforms, and planning for key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that communications, policy-making strategies, and activities are aligned with the company’s vision, mission, values , and business strategy
- Provide strategic direction to market teams in creating and executing public affairs, advocacy, and communications engagement and/or leading local teams as needed.
- Expand Takeda’s brand initiatives to support the company’s growth and ensure consistent positioning to build the company’s corporate image.
- Manage positioning and engagement in PR and communications programs for business initiatives, product launches, business development and partnership communications, crisis communications, and corporate sponsorships
- Build/enhance capacity, conduct training, train and mentor local teams involved in political advocacy and company reputation; ensure adequate external support
- Lead and manage strategy and planning of PR and agency relations for communications, campaigns, and upcoming product launches.
- Advise GMs on appropriate internal and external communications with executives and participate in PR activities and create appropriate materials for speaking events, external board engagements, and media interviews. Prepare monthly State GM and City Hall announcements and provide support to leaders of other key functions as needed.
- Be a consultant in HR communication activities such as organizational messaging, employee engagement surveys, change management, and employee branding to ensure “employee-centric” communication across multiple channels, ensuring message clarity and consistency while ensuring understanding and adoption to promote PTRB.
- Manage relevant media relations and ensure the availability of speakers
- Lead a continuous learning process related to communication, community relations, and appropriate patient advocacy systems and tools.
- Manage the implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategies, programs, and practices that are aligned with Sustainable Development Goals.
- Reputation and risk management proactive metrics tracking and measurement; and identification of issues/crises that may affect Takeda’s reputation; take proactive action to reduce risk
% from time-
- 50% – External communication
- 30% – Internal communications and events, including crisis management and capacity building
- 20% – CSR
- An open-minded individual who is able to network very well across a variety of functions and a key market opinion leader, a professional who demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people skills and ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Results-oriented strategic planning and implementation are required.
Complexity and Problem-Solving
- Ability to negotiate between various parties and reach a consensus.
- Ability to perform under high-pressure situations and under tight deadlines.
- Strong ethics and integrity
- complexity and problem solving
- High quality in breaking down complex issues into simple, transparent, and effective communication strategies and execution
- Incumbents do need to work collaboratively at various levels of management to achieve CSR communication and outcomes
How To Apply?
Interested Candidate can apply for this Job
Official Website Link Click Here