QuickBooks Desktop vs. Excel
Table of Contents
What you’ll learn in this Online Course
- Explore the core functionalities of QuickBooks Desktop and Excel for a variety of accounting tasks.
- Distinguish differences in data input and transaction handling between QuickBooks Desktop and Excel.
- Reconcile bank accounts in QuickBooks
- Implement theoretical knowledge to carry out two months of data input in QuickBooks Desktop and Excel.
- Investigate the impacts of adjusting and closing entries in both QuickBooks Desktop and Excel.
- Assess the bank reconciliation process in both QuickBooks Desktop and Excel, and its outcomes.
- Design a streamlined workflow for managing accounting tasks across QuickBooks Desktop and Excel.
- Integrate acquired knowledge to optimize the use of QuickBooks Desktop and Excel in real-world accounting scenarios
- Showcase proficiency in QuickBooks Desktop and Excel by resolving complex accounting problems.
- Devise strategies to maximize the advantages of both QuickBooks Desktop and Excel in accounting.
- Construct a comprehensive understanding of the sales, expense, and payroll cycles in both platforms.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of QuickBooks Desktop and Excel in diverse accounting scenarios.
Udemy Course Requirements
Welcome to our QuickBooks Desktop course, an expansive and thorough journey into the inner workings of QuickBooks Desktop Accounting Software and Excel. This course aims to provide an unrivaled ‘under-the-hood’ understanding of accounting software and processes, using Excel’s transparent data input as a lens for comparison.
The first segment of our course is an in-depth tour of QuickBooks Dektop, a premier accounting software. We will walk you through the varied features of the software, unraveling the complexities of its interface and functionality. This involves an analysis of common data input forms within the context of distinct accounting cycles – the sales cycle, the expense cycle, and the payroll cycle. By drawing parallels with Excel, we aim to provide an intuitive understanding of these cycles, their interplay within the accounting environment, and how they relate to manual data input in Excel’s journal entry format.
As we forge ahead into the second segment of the course, we shift our focus to practical application. This portion is centered around a comprehensive problem, where we simulate two months of data input in QuickBooks QuickBooks Desktop and simultaneously mirror these transactions in an Excel accounting worksheet. This approach allows you to get a hands-on experience of the nuances of accounting processes. You will dive head-first into transaction entries, adjustments, and closing entries in both QuickBooks Desktop and Excel, as well as perform bank reconciliations – an essential task for any accountant.
By the time you complete this course, you will be well-versed in the functional aspects of QuickBooks Desktop Accounting Software, and understand how it stacks up against the manual data input process in Excel. Most importantly, you will acquire a set of skills that will allow you to effectively use both platforms for various accounting tasks, putting you in a strong position to manage real-world accounting scenarios.
This course is designed to provide more than just knowledge – it is about gaining practical experience, understanding the why behind the processes, and empowering you to leverage these powerful tools in your accounting journey.
If you’re ready to take a deep dive into the world of accounting software, crack open the complexities of transactions, and explore the intricacies of QuickBooks Desktop and Excel, this course is just a click away. Begin your journey towards mastering the modern accounting landscape today!
Who this course is for:
- Accounting and Finance Students: If you’re studying accounting or finance and are looking to comprehend how software like QuickBooks Desktop can simplify and streamline accounting tasks, this course will provide you with the practical knowledge and skills you need.
- Early Career Accountants: If you’ve recently entered the field of accounting and are looking to understand and navigate accounting software like QuickBooks Desktop, this course will be immensely beneficial. Additionally, you will learn how it compares to traditional Excel-based accounting.
- Bookkeepers and Accounting Professionals: For seasoned professionals looking to upgrade their skills, this course offers a unique perspective. You’ll gain insights into how accounting software like QuickBooks Desktop and Excel compare and can complement each other in various aspects of accounting.
- Small Business Owners: If you manage your own accounting and are considering using QuickBooks Desktop or just want to understand how to efficiently use Excel for your accounting needs, this course is for you. You’ll get a clear view of what’s happening ‘under the hood’ of your accounting software.
- Finance Managers and Consultants: Professionals who advise businesses on accounting and finance matters will find this course beneficial as it provides comprehensive knowledge about two commonly used tools in the industry.
- Anyone with an Interest in Accounting Software: If you’re simply curious about accounting software and how they streamline complex accounting processes, this course will give you an in-depth understanding using QuickBooks Desktop and Excel as examples.
How to Get Udemy Free Course?
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Apply Here Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Apply Here Button.
APPLY THIS COUPON: 846457F29B691DC7635D (100% Discount)
Note: The udemy Courses Will be free for a Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code AND Get this course 100% Free. After that, you will get this course at a discounted price. (Still, It’s a good deal for you to get this course at a discounted price).