Financial Accounting – Inventory Costs
Table of Contents
What you’ll learn in this Online Course
- Understand and accurately track different types of inventory costs including freight, insurance, and purchase discounts.
- Implement and distinguish between different inventory flow methods: Specific Identification, First-In-First-Out (FIFO), Last-In-First-Out (LIFO), and Weighted A
- Recognize the differences, advantages, and disadvantages between periodic and perpetual inventory systems.
- Apply FIFO, LIFO, and weighted average methods in both periodic and perpetual systems.
- Develop a solid understanding of key definitions and terms related to inventory accounting.
- Demonstrate the application of these concepts through a comprehensive problem involving all the topics covered.
- Engage in meaningful discussions about inventory management, cost flows, and their impacts on financial statements.
- Improve problem-solving skills with short calculation practice questions and multiple-choice questions.
- Utilize Excel for managing and calculating inventory-related tasks efficiently.
- Interpret and create financial reports pertaining to inventory in a real-world context.
Udemy Course Requirements
Welcome to our comprehensive course on Inventory Cost & Flow – Fundamental Accounting Concepts. This detailed course delves into the essentials of inventory costs and cost flows, offering an all-inclusive understanding of how to account for various inventory-related expenses and the dynamics of inventory flow assumptions.
Our in-depth course explores all facets of inventory costs, guiding students on what costs should be included in the inventory. We scrutinize the methods of accounting for freight costs, insurance costs, and purchase discounts associated with inventory, shedding light on how these factors affect the overall inventory value.
A key feature of the course is the detailed examination of inventory flow assumptions. We study various methodologies, including specific identification, first in first out (FIFO), last in first out (LIFO), and weighted average methods. To provide a thorough understanding, these methods are explored under the lens of both periodic and perpetual inventory systems.
An array of downloadable resources like PDF files, Excel practice files, multiple-choice questions, and short calculation questions complement the instructional video content. These resources facilitate offline learning, practical application, test-taking skills enhancement, and problem-solving. Discussion questions further enrich the learning experience, offering the opportunity for interactive dialogue with the instructor and fellow students.
The course is imparted by an experienced accounting professional and educator, with impressive credentials such as CPA, CGMA, Master of Science in Taxation, CPS, and expertise in curriculum development. The instructor’s rich experience in technical accounting issues and teaching a range of accounting classes ensures a high-quality learning experience.
Throughout the course, we will pivot around key definitions and terms related to inventory costing and flows, ensuring that students have a robust theoretical foundation. The learning journey culminates in a comprehensive problem-solving module where students can apply their knowledge to practical scenarios.
This course provides the perfect blend of theory and practice, making it ideal for anyone seeking a deep understanding of inventory costs and flows within the realm of fundamental accounting. We look forward to having you onboard!
Who this course is for:
- Business students who are currently pursuing a degree and wish to gain a comprehensive understanding of inventory management in accounting, especially as it relates to FIFO, LIFO, and weighted average methods.
- New accountants or accounting trainees who want to augment their understanding of inventory accounting methods and their application in both periodic and perpetual inventory systems.
- Small business owners or managers who are involved in inventory management and wish to understand how different accounting methods can impact their financial reporting and decision-making.
- Any individual preparing for accounting certification exams (like CPA or CMA) and seeking in-depth knowledge about inventory cost flow assumptions and systems.
- Professionals in the finance or accounting field who want to update their knowledge or need a refresher course on inventory accounting.
How to Get Udemy Free Course?
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Apply Here Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Apply Here Button.
APPLY THIS COUPON: FDA4D135A5A9D7CF512F (100% Discount)
Note: The udemy Courses Will be free for a Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code AND Get this course 100% Free. After that, you will get this course at a discounted price. (Still, It’s a good deal for you to get this course at a discounted price).