Financial Accounting – Closing Process
Table of Contents
What you’ll learn in this Online Course
- Comprehend the accounting cycle’s structure and pinpoint the role and timing of the closing process within it.
- Articulate the primary objectives of the closing process in financial accounting and why it is critical for accurate financial reporting.
- Analyze how the closing process impacts asset, liability, and equity components of the balance sheet, and interpret the implications for the company’s financial
- Examine the effect of the closing process on the elements of the income statement, particularly revenues, expenses, and net income.
- Define temporary and permanent accounts, distinguish between them, and illustrate their roles in the accounting cycle.
- Categorize a variety of accounts as temporary or permanent, providing rationale based on accounting principles.
- Explain how the closing process transforms temporary accounts and leaves permanent accounts unaffected, and discuss the significance of these changes.
- Prepare a post-closing trial balance, identify its components, and articulate its purpose in validating the closing process.
- Compare a post-closing trial balance with an adjusted trial balance, highlighting the key differences and how they emerge.
- Perform the closing process in one comprehensive step, documenting each action, and evaluate the advantages and limitations of this method.
- Break down the two-step closing process into its constituent actions, apply these in practical examples, and justify the use of this method over others.
- Demonstrate mastery in the four-step closing process by outlining, performing, and explaining each step’s role.
Udemy Course Requirements
Immerse yourself in the exciting world of accounting with our in-depth course focusing on the financial accounting closing process. Delve deep into the intricacies of this critical step in the accounting cycle, which serves as the grand finale before embarking on the next accounting period. Understand the concept of temporary and permanent accounts, which underpin the closing process and influence the structure and interpretation of financial statements.
Throughout this course, you will learn from an experienced Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), Certified Post-Secondary Instructor (CPS), and a Master of Science in Taxation. With practical knowledge of accounting principles and software such as QuickBooks, combined with extensive teaching and curriculum development experience, our instructor will guide you through the complex landscape of the closing process in accounting.
To facilitate your learning and make this experience interactive and enriching, this course offers a wealth of downloadable resources, including PDF files for offline reference, pre-formatted Excel practice files, multiple choice and short calculation practice questions, and discussion questions.
Our unique teaching approach will see us approaching the closing process from three perspectives, each with its own advantages and challenges. This multidimensional view coupled with repetition will fortify your understanding and proficiency in this subject matter.
Whether you’re an aspiring accountant, a business professional, an entrepreneur, a student studying business or finance, or a lifelong learner with an interest in accounting, this course will provide you with the tools to understand and navigate the closing process effectively.
By the end of this course, you will understand where the closing process fits into the accounting cycle, define temporary and permanent accounts, describe the impact of the closing process on these accounts and the financial statements, and list the steps of one-step, two-step, and four-step closing processes.
Join us on this transformative journey through the financial accounting closing process. Your adventure into the intricate realm of accounting awaits. Enroll today!
Who this course is for:
- Accounting and finance students: This course is perfect for undergraduate or graduate students studying accounting or finance, looking to reinforce their classroom learning or prepare for exams.
- Early-career accountants: Professionals at the beginning of their accounting career can use this course to strengthen their understanding of the accounting closing process.
- Non-finance professionals: Individuals working in non-finance roles, such as entrepreneurs or managers, could also benefit from understanding the fundamentals of the accounting cycle to better understand their businesses.
- CPA Exam Candidates: Those studying for the CPA exam or any other accounting certification will find this course extremely helpful for the section related to the closing process.
How to Get Udemy Free Course?
Get a 100% Discount On Udemy Paid Courses by clicking on the Apply Here Button. This Course coupon code is automatically added to the Apply Here Button.
APPLY THIS COUPON: (100% Discount)
Note: The udemy Courses Will be free for a Maximum of 1000 Learners can use the promo code AND Get this course 100% Free. After that, you will get this course at a discounted price. (Still, It’s a good deal for you to get this course at a discounted price).